In the last year UK Manufacturing grew productivity by 5.7% (source EEF),this means that many manufacturing companies will be
- better at getting products and orders out on time – that end of day or Friday afternoon last minute chasing of jobs is reduced,
- increasing the margins and profitability of their business,
- improving the quality of what they send out,
- starting to sleep better at night knowing that they can pay bills when they come due.
So just a couple of thoughts?
- Have your team (managers and staff) delivered similar improvements? more products and orders out on time, increased profits, better quality, and confidence that the business current account can pay the bills!
- Are you getting better returns, every year, from the same levels of investment in people, machinery, raw materials?
If not, how could that be? remember 5.7% is an average, so some companies will have gained much more than this and the cash that goes along with it*
If you haven’t had such gains,
- Do you and your teams have the time to look for productivity improvements or does the day to day get in the way?
- Do you think your teams know where to look for productivity improvements?
- Are they too close to the work to give you an objective assessment of what could be improved?
- Would you like to get to the answers (& the cash, the improved performance it brings) quickly?
If you’re a manufacturing business owner or a manager who’d like to find out whether you could be getting better returns for your investment and improve your productivity there is a FREE scheme that can help you find out.
A FREE scheme? well it’s the Manufacturing Advisory Service which is one of the few business schemes which has survived the Government cuts.
What do you get for FREE then? you get to meet with an experienced manufacturing professional, normally at your own premises, so no travel involved, who will
- listen to what you want to achieve, what you need to achieve to keep customers onside
- understand the challenges you face (cash flow, quality, skills, etc)
- appreciate how the experience, expertise and skills you already have can be built upon
from that they will be able to decide whether they can help and IF they can they will provide the names of accredited companies, with the relevant skills in Lean Manufacturing, ISO 9001, ERP, Product Design etc who can help you to improve your productivity.
Nearly forgot to mention the £6,000 FREE investment for productivity work. If you decide to invest in productivity projects, with an accredited supplier, then you could get up to £6,000 towards the costs.
Lots of paperwork? hoops to jump through? not normally, your advisors can help you with the small amount of paperwork to be filled in.
Do you qualify? Do you employ less than 250 employees? have a turnover less than 50M euros? see most companies will qualify.
ResQ currently complete work for MAS in Lean Manufacturing across Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Humberside, Yorkshire ( East, West, North and South ).
If you’re in these areas and you’d like to know more about MAS then give us a call (01904 277 007 or 0115 711 7007) and we can see if we can help.
Outside of the areas above then go to the MAS website and give them a call.
Two companies that achieved much more than 5.7% are detailed below.
* the two companies in the case studies above gained 14% & 40% improvement by using Lean Manufacturing and Thinking techniques, we completed the work for them via the MAS scheme.
This time next year you could be confident that customer orders are being
- delivered on time,
- delivering increasing profits,
- safe in the knowledge that your business can pay its own way!
Oh and you may find you’ll be making 5%,10%,15% even 40% more this time next year!